Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stolen Idea...

One of the most recent posts on the Widow's Voice blog has been continually popping up in my head the last few days. It is about a 6 Word Memoir. 6 words to sum up your life.

"The six-word memoir is said to be rooted in a bet between Ernest Hemingway and a friend — supposedly, the author claimed he could write a short story in just six words. (He won with “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.”)"


It's difficult, to say the least. And when I first read it I thought that there would be no way I was going to try. How do I sum up everything in 6 words? It was worse for me to think that in 5 years mine could be different, or the same. That thought was uncomfortable for me. Since I read it I've been trying to do it, without realizing it. Walking Lily, listening to music, watching TV, I keep trying to make a better story in 6 words. I've concluded I can't make just one, but several. Since I can't get it off my mind, I thought I'd share.


I walk with you beside me.

Things change. Love remains the same.

Uncertain but sure. Love. Life's pleasure.



I'll have a million more, I'm sure. Try it yourself, or decide not to, and then find yourself trying anyway! :)

No comments: