Monday, May 24, 2010

Memorial Day 2010

Just wanted to pimp the concert:

http://www.pbs.org/memorialdayconcert/features/bandofsisters.html

http://www.pbs.org/memorialdayconcert/concert/

Watch, DVR, Tape record if necessary. I'll be there.

AND I can't wait to meet up with some fellow widdows, sharin' the love :)



When I am gone
~Mrs. Lyman Hancock
When I come to the end of my journey
And I travel my last weary mile,
Just forget if you can, that I ever frowned
And remember only the smile.
Forget unkind words I have spoken;
Remember some good I have done.
Forget that I ever had heartache
And remember I've had loads of fun.
Forget that I've stumbled and blundered
And sometimes fell by the way.
Remember I have fought some hard battles
And won, ere the close of the day.
Then forget to grieve for my going,
I would not have you sad for a day,
But in summer just gather some flowers
And remember the place where I lay,
And come in the shade of evening
When the sun paints the sky in the west
Stand for a few moments beside me
And remember only my best.

2 comments:

MandyMy said...

OMG, love the poem! Girl you have been inspiring me like no other lately. I ordered that Lewis book, I can't wait for it to come! I'll be thinking of you this weekend!! I hope you have an amazing time at the concert! :) Whoa, too many exclamation marks in this comment. :D Huge HUGS!

Stacey said...

Hey you! You're going to love that book- and fly through reading it! Let me know what you think :) Love all the !! xoxo