Sunday, September 21, 2008

Guest Bedroom/Office Makeover




It's been a while. I have had a few busy weeks. This weekend I decided it was time to do a little "nesting" and redo one of the rooms I have been looking to fix since we moved in. Being that it didn't resemble Ronald McDonald, it wasn't the first room that needed to be fixed. The bright blue was starting to bother me, so now it is a little more subdue. I had a hard time picking a color, but this is "smoked oyster" from Behr. It turned out a little more mauve-y that I would have liked. I primed the whole room Friday evening since I knew the color was going to be light. Then I taped and painted for the majority of the day Saturday. This morning I removed the tape, did some touching up and bought out TJ Max Home Goods for some bedding and a few accesories. I still need some items for the walls and I need a lamp. Also, there is a blue ceiling fan that needs to be replaced and the blue closet doors will then be changed out. These tasks are a little much for me right now. I may give the doors a try next weekend, but the fan has Mike's name all over it :-) Take a look!








No comments: