Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Happiness



This year's Thanksgiving was different from the last few I've had. I remember getting ready before we were about to eat and taking a minute to absorb that the weight of grief wasn't there. Not at that moment. I just felt nice, solid happiness. I told myself to just feel it. I teared up at the overwhelming thought that this was actually possible when for so long it felt like it could never be, or that I didn't want it. I miss him, but I know he's proud and happy that I am able to be happy. That is an understanding between us. So this year's Thanksgiving was filled with story telling, food, laughter, sunshine, football, red wine, wii bowling, happiness, remembering, missing my family, shopping, German beer, and some happy downtime.

3 comments:

jenny said...

i love you, miss stacey. happy thanksgiving.

ps. note to self - stop reading stacey's blog at work. it makes you cry.

MandyMy said...

This makes me smile!! Love it!! :)

Anne said...

I had tears welling in my eyes reading that :) Happy ones, of course.