Thursday, March 5, 2009

Follow-up on last weekend





I posted about Matt and Amy coming to visit and I was very nervous/excited to see them. Matt was Mike's roommate in Texas and we all hung out together so much. It was really great to spend time with them. They got here around 2 and we just hung out and talked for a bit. I got my crying out then. Matt was in Iraq with Mike but I have no idea when the last time they talked. They were in completely different locations. We went to the cemetery for a little bit, it was muddy. Then we went to the Medder's and hung out there the rest of the night. I was nice to have them to talk to. I really felt happy to see them.


That same Friday I went to lunch with Adam and Katie. They went to the cemetery without me. I think Adam didn't want to make me do anything I didn't want to. I wouldn't have minded. It was really nice to see them. I started crying when I saw Adam- it's so emotional to me because he introduced us. I'm so glad they are all back. When I start thinking about how that would have been what we were doing- traveling a little, catching up with family, it hits home again. It's just me, me and the Lily Dog. That is really the bittersweet part of their visits.

No comments: