Sunday, April 11, 2010

Time to reconnect

I needed a breath of fresh air, quite literally. Maybe a little outside time to think about what I want out of my days is what I'm thirsting for. Lily always helps me be simply happy, watching her explore and try new things. This morning we got up and she was laying on the couch and I decided to look for somewhere to take her to explore. I found this website and decided to venture to the metroparks in Rocky River and climb the 137 steps of the top of the Foot Hill Trail. Lily was in heaven as she sniffed and ran and made friends with other dogs. It completely took me away from my daily worries and out of my head into the world around me. The little day retreat I needed :)


After crossing the Rocky River, we looked up at the stairs.

Lily is ready to go!

View from the top.

Mom! Let's go, let's GO!!!

The only picture of me, right as Lily began barking at some dogs ahead on the path.

Zonked from the activities of Sunday Funday :)

3 comments:

Allison said...

Isn't it awesome how dogs can do so little, but they cheer you up instantly! I don't know what I would do without my pups.

MandyMy said...

Haha puppies are the best. After I lost Dan, the only reason I functioned sometimes was to take care of my little man!! Always get a good laugh or smile b/c of the silly things he does.

TheMunchkinMom said...

Stacey. Know that you are beautiful. In more ways than can ever be imagined. Let Lily lead you more.