Saturday, July 31, 2010

Time

This is a copycat post from my friend Tary's blog but after I read it, I wanted to know how long, in days, Mike's been gone. It's a little bit tourturous but I felt that it was something I needed to check out.

675 Days.
1 year 10 months 7 days

Now I know that is a lot of days, but when I read the number I really feel like I've been though at least double that. I mean some days seem so long, especially at the begining. It didn't really make me upset to see the number but it made me realize how close we are coming to the 2 year mark. I knew it was right around the corner but see that breakdown made me nervous for that event. I have already decided that this year's September 24, 25 will be much more calm than last years, at the very least. I have a problem the night of the 24th (when he passed) into the morning of the 25th (when we found out). At least that was my big moment last year. Anyway, not the point of this post...

I got curious to see how many days Mike and I knew each other. We were nearing our 2 year anniversary when everything happened.

698 days.
1 year 10 months 28 days.

That hurts me more. I know that my relatinship with Mike has only changed now and I feel more secure in that fact (now more than ever) but that one slaps me in the face. I want more time. We want more time. Really? That's it? When the other number keeps growing and this number is frozen... that doesn't seem fair. I didn't know we were that close to the crossover. That close to the day when he will have been gone longer than we knew each other. Wow, time can be so tricky.


Calculating something>> here's the site

2 comments:

GI Jane said...

*HUGS*

I'm sorry I can't be of more help. But I have lots of prayers and hugs!

Mrs P said...

I always wish for more time...Argh. Big hugs as always!