Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Have you met my husband?
Have I introduced you to Nick? He's a pretty amazing guy who decided to marry me even after he heard about all of my crazies. Here are 20 things you should know about him :)
1. He is a 2007 graduate from The United States Military Academy at West Point. He is an armor officer and spent 10 months in Iraq.
2. When he answers questions, quite often, he will use a lot of words. It's ok. It's because he just wants to convey as much of what he knows to you so that you can know it too.
3. He claims he is "from" 3 states- Kansas, Colorado, and North Carolina. In all actuality he lived in Colorado for 3 and a half years. He just loved it so much he will always claim it.
4. He introduced me to the word "Emo" and just laughed when I was sure he meant "Elmo."
5. If possible, he loves my precious Lily more than me.
6. He has a lifelong dream to own and American Bulldog.
7. Sometimes, and I say this with love, you could mistake him for a 60 year old man. Cigars on the porch, scotch drinking, and calling the police on younger kids have all happened within the last year of living with him.
8. He has a heart 3 times the size of a regular man. He dreams of fixing the world.
9. He has wanted to be a father his entire life. "If it were up to Nick, we'd have kids yesterday." I've said that a lot.
10. He is the most intelligent man I know.
11. He is not a good golfer, but tries to play as much as possible.
12. Supportive doesn't accurately describe how he handles my dream to go back to North Carolina to finish my master's program and work in Mental Health. It will be what happens next, and I never have to ask for that.
13. He is a clean, neat, organized man. He keeps our place clean, neat and organized in spite of my drop-things-where-you-want mentality.
14. He can speak Urdu. Well, he could speak Urdu well about 6 months ago and hates everyday that he is losing it.
15. He has 2 tattoos and a brand. Yes a brand. They all have meaning, God and Country.
16. I am jealous of how strong and secure he is in his faith. He challenges me every time I think I know why I believe what I believe.
17. Staying healthy is very important to him and he loves to run.
18. He also loves pizza.
19. He makes amazing breakfasts. Pancakes are a staple, but he can make a damn good waffle, scrambled eggs, eggs over easy, and even bacon.
20. Before he asked me to marry him, he contacted a jeweler in Seattle to make the ring. Seattle is the first place we traveled together. He then spent months in communication with them on how the ring needed to be designed. Why 7 small diamonds here and why 3 small diamond there. Then he worried about it not being big enough. (see pic)
21. When I have headaches he massages my neck and runs his fingers through my hair. It helps.
22. He can't wait to be more involved in a political campaign.
23. He is the oldest in the family. He has a younger sister and brother. He also has 2 younger half-sisters and a half-brother. He never uses the "half" when he refers to them.
24. He's so, so funny.
25. I'd be lost without him.
There you have it- 25 random things about my man. Now you know him better :)